Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 5 hours.

What Dav said on Jindos Post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: What Dav said on Jindos Post

think Burzuk had a good idea with the combat module format. I would love to proceed the same way but the whole process has died with him. It was similar to Blizzard patch notes for new expansions. I was hoping he'd come back to continue that, so I didn't make any changes at all until five years had passed (that's a damn long time to wait, and our playerbase didn't die while I waited).

What we are doing presently is maintenance and qualilty-of-life changes, sometimes adding a bit of new stuff to keep it from getting boring. There seems no point to me to move on to magic module 20 (or something) if the general consensus is that dirt kick is not fun. For example. There is a BIG change to afflictive saves that I want to drop in at some point. That is a very small amount of coding involved but it really shakes the gameplay up a lot, to the point you would need aff save for invoker like you need gold rings for shamans. It could've gone in with our invokers changes but I decided to wait because of the expected volatility. In some ways it isn't a buff. But it will hurt people who aren't ready for it. I am not sure how to handle this change at all yet. the aftermath will be like the aftermath of new dirt kick. It isnt the right time if people already think gnome invokers are op.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Lately from what I have seen mages are seriously buff. Ray of vindication is sick, rend life with the right eq is sick. I can't imagine what else is needed to help mages. Basically it seems like mages have turned into balls to the wall heavy damage and get the hell out if the fighter can keep pace with damage which really seems unlikely. Other than maybe a minotaur two ray of vindication is all you need for any race class combo and you are easily winning the fight. If you look at the logs with Veruliane mangles and demolish through sanc with zombies yikes. I understand necors need a lot of prep time but even looking at the logs the zombies didn't account for much damage.

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject:

I have no idea why necros were given rend life when a full army of max level zombies is already op. the only people who can deal with that are summoners.

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject:

The problem I see with all the arguements about OP classes are this, you let those players with whatever race/classes selections get so overgeared and it will be tough to beat them unless you are using the class they are weak against period. Necromancers that buff on damage and blast rend life have lower HP than most anything in the game so learn to be faster than them and use dual wield to flee murder. I know I am simplifying it but you let anyone get too geared and bam they are OP all of a sudden.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject:

not only do super rend necros have shitty hp but they still only have one defense. its like beating through a wet paper bag.

Now if you've got a player that is arlvl 8 playing a necro and you're arlvl 2 playing a ranger, sure you're going to get dominated and complain necros are op. but I've seen lots of necros die. I mean the time it takes a necro to collect those zombies alone is price paid for a nice direct damage spell.

0 0 0
Frostburns

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Prior to the changes to invokers, they were already very powerful. If they had enhanced damage they'd be WAY too powerful. As it was at the time I was playing them, invokers were strong but most people didn't know how to use them. I remember telling a friend about invokers and the changes that were made, and he said they sounded a lot like the Modo faction in Jade Dynasty: They're versatile and can make themselves immune to stuff, but most people suck at playing them.

I don't plan on revealing my old tactics or an updated version though, not until I play one again.

Illusionist has changed significantly. Properly played, an illusionist can be a terror (Occulius for example, or Zitthirax). Illithids can be especially potent with the cone of force (has to be properly timed though), but if that same illithid comes up against an invoker with enough saves, the invoker is going to win pretty easily (mana shield, hellstreams, even skirmishing).

I've never gotten far with a necromancer, but rend life DOES hurt their health significantly. At lower ranks, they're easy to kill, too.

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject:

good/neutral race align or human invokers were definitely powerful. Gnome invoker could be especially powerful now with barrier. Invokers didn't ever lack for power, they were just very shallow to play. I got bored with my knight invoker, fights were more or less even with the top legions, whilst playing ignoring timing sanc and all other stuff of that nature.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: