Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 14 hours.

A few questions about lightwalkers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiroto

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: A few questions about lightwalkers

Hi guys! Im pretty new here in the realms, and I've played a few different characters in the last few days. (like Five!) I'm just trying to find out what suits me. I have not however played a good aligned character yet for fear that I don't fully understand them. I guess my biggest question is this. How do you obtain a full set of gear for a good aligned character without killing good aligned mobs? Can you just request ALL your equipment or what? Also, if roleplayed right, can you just be some kind of zealot who exterminates evils on sight, or are goods preffered to be pasive until provoked to take action through the actions of the evil themselves? Also, if there are any other BIG general tips I could get that would be great. I'm very open to advice! Very Happy

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Basically yes. Most all good equipment is requested. If it is not requested then you can kill the mob for it. IE any mob that has gear you want that is NOT a good aligned mob you have to kill for it. Good aligned mobs will give you the gear if you request it. As for playing a good character there are plenty of people who take the approach of a zealot and kill all evil on sight. Nothing wrong with that approach as long as you aren't silent pking lowbies.

0 0 0
Hiroto

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Nadrin wrote:
Basically yes. Most all good equipment is requested. If it is not requested then you can kill the mob for it. IE any mob that has gear you want that is NOT a good aligned mob you have to kill for it. Good aligned mobs will give you the gear if you request it. As for playing a good character there are plenty of people who take the approach of a zealot and kill all evil on sight. Nothing wrong with that approach as long as you aren't silent pking lowbies.

Thanks! This really helps! Didn't want to just charge into it without understanding the mechanics first.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject:

An amendment would be, good aligned mobs will give you their equipment based upon level restrictions. Common sense, I know, but just wanted to make sure he understood the whole of it.
Also, when you request something you basically "lose control" of your character. Meaning, you sit down, can do no commands AT ALL for a set period of time. During that time you are very vulnerable to PK.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Also, when you request something you basically "lose control" of your character. Meaning, you sit down, can do no commands AT ALL for a set period of time. During that time you are very vulnerable to PK.

As request is now, the item you request is placed on the ground and you sit on the ground in meditation, unable to do anything for a time (this time varies for what you are requesting.) If someone else picks up the item or if someone attacks you then the meditation phase is broken and you can move again.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject:

Nice job jumping on the new guy everybody.

0 0 0
bomberlady

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject:

yes very helpful answers, thx

0 0 0
Wenlit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject:

For lightwalkers, do whatever you want. A lot of folks who have played for a long time have preset images in our mind of what a lightwalker should be. You might bring something entirely new and original because you don't have the bad habits of people who have been playing the game for years.

Warning: reading this next part might ruin your creativity with my ideas. Or it might spark it too. Smile

In contradiction to what I just said, I have a suggestion. I have a hard time picturing anyone in real life being constantly perfect and never making any wrong choices. Always stepping in to save someone regardless of the situation. Imagine a lightwalker who messes up from time to time - who doesn't step in and save the day when he knows he should. Who has a short temper - who is kind of cold towards others at times. A lightwalker who is dishonest. You can be a good person overall and lie from time to time (but this sort of thing isn't excusable, of course).

I think a lightwalker with a complex set of ideas and beliefs would be refreshing for everyone - and a lot more fun to roleplay. Here's an idea - just take a list of character traits, and find ones that would fit your character. Think up a fairly detailed background for the character's last 16 years of life or whatever, and have that background influence your decisions. Don't have your character be an extension of you in a digital world. Have your character make his own decisions - some of which are really stupid! Some of which are a little riskier than what you would do yourself. Don't worry so much about ranking and getting awesome equipment that your character becomes without life. The game loses value that way. Low levels, low equipment, low fights. Big levels, nice equipment, big fights. Relatively it's pretty close to the exact same thing with different names anyway.

http://www.gurusoftware.com/GuruNet/Personal/Factors.htm
http://www.fiction-writers-mentor.com/list-of-character-traits.html
http://www.readwritethink.org/files/resources/lesson_images/lesson175/traits.pdf

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: