Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Gate Guards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matron Mother

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Gate Guards

It is no longer against the law to be seen fighting gate guards now that the gate guards will attack us, yes? Or has the justice cabal truly turned facsist? Or perhaps it is against the law to kill perimeter guards now? One more thing: since when do peremiter guards kick dirt and bash? This seems to be another frightening develpoment in favor of the Justice Cabal. Might as well make them see invis too.

And then something happened. I let go. Lost in oblivion -- dark and silent and complete. I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Who is it that said, The only thing a commander has true controll over...is his own army. Nappoleon! Thats who. We need to learn to deal, and controll our own army instead of trying to controll theirs.

And with the gate guards...They attacked you. Not vica versa. No flags involved.

0 0 0
Matthais

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject:

I might have missed something. What does your witty historically based comment have to do with the first post?

Spell check is nice as well.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Hrm. Spelled nappoleon wrong Im guessin? Bleh. I realized that we bitch an awfull lot about justice...And we have yet to have anything done about them. So obviously...We need to quit bitchin and learn to deal.

0 0 0
Matthais

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Oh. Ok. Now, that wasn't too painful and it got the point across rather well. Thank you.

Napolean. One p.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Err please stay on topic.

Davairus included that in the battlement guards to prevent people from trigger training and ranking.

Like me, heh.

0 0 0
Bones V2.0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject:

They need to adjust it so those under level 10 are not attacked. You end up pinned either in, or out of town.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Not very difficult to continue trigger training. Just requires more training.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Its to make it harder to do trigger training in SERINGALE, if you're going to go off and find an area that happens to have a useful set-up to run a script, thats good, because it fulfills the key requirements I would like to see met by skill training.

1) You're "at risk" - i.e. not protected from pk by Justices being on
2) You're not in the main hometown where new players enter and see we got players running bots on the walls in quiet mode
3) You wrote your own script

None of this new stuff applies to wanted players. As for people below 10, try avoiding the gate guards, there are 4 entrances to those walls that are NOT gates, and another 4 on the walls themselves that allow you to walk over the gates.

p.s. yes its illegal to be seen fighting gate guards, but not the perimeter guards ... the point is to complicate walker scripts

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject:

Dav that is horse shit. They should not attack you. Or it should not be illegal. One or the other.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject:

I'll be waiting to see if this is an effective fix for the training script. The script just walks around the battlements killing every guard, in a big loop. All this does is force people to take a walk over the streets instead pretty much, that or just train on the battlements where there are no gate guards (but multiple mobs assist each other).

Considering how much time you guys got in training and making easy money/exp, the solution is quite apt if you ask me. If you got a brighter idea you can let me know.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject:

Yea I found a fix for the bat scripts, but basically it's just to reenable walking...anyways I'm not gonna train in seringale. too many #@$^& already killed those guards even before I step onto one of the rooms there.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Napolean. One p.

Actually, it's Napoleon. 'O', not 'a'. Bonaparte was his last name.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject:

where's that forum whore picture?

0 0 0
Fallen Monk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject:

I feel like coming of the shadows again and assassinating some of those stupid justices. I don't know? Give me your thoughts.

0 0 0
Xonovik

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject:

The script is kind of annoying, i.e. I attack any guard and kill it(for whatever reason), and of course the gate guards will yell, and after avoiding seringale for several hours of play, then come back, the gate guards still yell. Perhaps a tic limit would be nice? Either that or have it so it might keep track of the guards you have killed and after 5 killed guards or so, then the guards are annoying to you. I don't know.. when I come up with a really good solution, I'll post again. As for now, I'm just not touching a guard in Seringale.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Well doesn't this mean that fines will add up greatly in Seringale. A little while back I was training (On gate guards, go figure) And a Justice asked me pay a coin sum fine for doing so. I agreed to do so, but now if you even attack a city guard and then try to leave town through the gates (Yes, there are other ways to leave town) you get attacked by the guards. So now if there's a Justice about and I've killed a city guard already and heading out the town through the gates, the guard will attack me, then that's another fine for "fighting the gate guards".

Does that make sense? When the yell comes that "I'm attacking the guards" the second guard at the gate will yell this whether I've killed a guard already or just for "initiating" an attack on the gate guard. Lose lose situation, but at least it's not insane like getting wanted.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: @_@

Guards have always been the worst part of getting wanted. Justices you can kill. Justice cabal skills - you can kill the justice. But the one million guards that attack you every 2-3 rooms? That's deadly. In the past the guards have never done any real damage, they just slow you down for the one or two rounds it takes you to kill them. Now though, with dirt kick and bash? That might be a bit tough. Now when your wanted your not only slowed down for a round or two every few rounds, you might get a dirt kick or bashed for your trouble. I guess it's your fault for getting flagged in the first place, but it still doesn't make it fun.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject:

They don't dirt/bash wanted players.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: