Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Doulbe ore in surge times

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Doulbe ore in surge times

I know this might be incredibly nit-picky, but I was gathering gold and ore at Grimforge during the surge, and I had this thought. If experience is doubled during surges, and gold is doubled during surges. Should the ore given at Grimforge be doubled during surges too?

I think this should get a slight amount of consideration. I really haven't seen many people toting around forged items of any level, and I think the main reason is because it's incredibly tedious to get the 50 ore and level 50 gem to make a quality piece of equipment. I think facilitating the ore farming would make the mountain more often used and give whoever designed and implemented the idea a little satisfaction in knowing that people are using and enjoying his idea.

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I think this is an interesting idea. On the surface I support it, but there may be some other aspects I'm not thinking of.

Somewhat related, I don't think it's the best use of time to make 50 ore pieces. Instead I would suggest going with 15, since you can make 3 pieces in the time it would take you to make one 50 ore piece. Once you've got your 5 15 ore armors you can start gathering for 50 ore pieces and have a very nice suit in the meantime.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. I tried with five, and five wasn't that good. 15 was the next amount I was going to experiment with.

One thing I hadn't thought of with this, is that having ore more readily available could encourage some players to craft armor and then sell it through auction, which would generate more coin for the player, and also start a forge equipment economy. Interesting to think about.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject:

As much as I know how much Dav hates ideas that give us something for nothing, I have to say...I love this idea. That damn witch ruins my harvesting more often than not, and thus I haven't been able to forge anything more than a Rusted Tin Hat of Embarassment.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Pretty sure it goes 1, 4, 15, 50, so if you use say 5 ore you wasted 1 because it will be the same strength as a 4. 15 is a good return on investment.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject:

Xp and gold isn't perfectly doubled, its somewhere between 1 to 2X as much, I think its random.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject:

I'd like the rare drop rate to be doubled during surges also plz. :) ty

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject:

When I kill someone during surge, I also want it to count as two deaths, AND they get the experience penalty piled back on them. Flurry ftw!

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Thanks guys.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject:

I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist, but I guess I should just say I disagree with the idea. Reason is, if you're going to be gathering gold and ore anyway during surge/reward, changing the ore count will keep you there for a shorter amount of time. Keeping you there longer will make you richer. I think it works fine how it is.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject:

No, I dont like the idea.

Its like if you were just given level 50 and winter eq at level 1. There'd be no point in ever going to the goblin village and getting that stuff. The forge gear can be best in slot, so it definitely isn't something which I feel is reasonable to give out quicker. There would be no sense in doing anything except farm ore anymore.

We hand out double gold for 2 hours because gold doesn't really do that much - rares > gambled. I think you would be satisfied with taking that gold to the evermore smuggler.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject:

you could still become a forger and sell the things to people, but if it were double ore during surge the price would have to decrease because of the easiness to just do it yourself, so all in all you would be shooting yourself in the foot. I say take that time to do it one by one so it's worth more in the end.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: