Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Dirt kick???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Dirt kick???

Olyn wrote:

I think adding a lesser form of blind fighting for certain classes would treat a symptom of whatever we don't like about dirt right now and not address the problem itself. I'm not saying dirt is definitely a problem, but it might be. I think it could be beneficial open up a new thread in this forum to talk about dirt. If anyone wants to do that and contribute some thoughts/ideas, go ahead.

Erlwith wrote:
Well the only issue I've ever heard mentioned about dirt kick is how poorly some classes can deal. Thus why mage classes have protective shield, it seems logical the other classes who are having overwhelming issues with the skill would get a skill to similarly reduce/remove the affects.

It does sort of seem like a quick fix, but I think evaluating how each class deals with dirt kick and deciding if they need more defenses against it seems to be the most logical course of action.

Of course, you could always add a preparation element and do something like create a salve, or something that makes you naturally more resistant to dirt kick. For classes with blind fighting it would have much less affect. Or a salve that can be applied during combat to essentially give you the blind fighting skill temporarily.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject:

There's two things you need to know about dirt kick.. one is that it doesnt work on water, and the other is that fleeing dirt kicked just increases the duration further.

I think of dirt kick as being a really representative skill of mudding actually.. a good example of how skills feel to use. Its responsive, and pretty effective, but it comes with scenarios in which it doesn't work that great and it has potential for failure leaving the attacker vulnerable.

Then there's the blind fighting vs no blind fighting issue, which is just passive bonuses, and a bit of an anti-fun thing to have in the game, but we do draw class balance from that tradeoff.. that makes the skill worth having. Berserkers would just be broken if they were given power of roiy again.

0 0 0
kapruski

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject:

dirt kick is crap. Their eyes are too watery to blind again for me, but others get to chain it.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: