Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 18 hours, 54 mins.

A new Coterie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a good idea?
Yes
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
No
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 10

outbreak111

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject:

Well I never play from a cell phone, I play on a laptop that has a wired connection. We were having some pretty bad storms not long ago so that might have been interfering with my connection a bit.

As far as the DK pking me, well whatever like I said I deserved that, I had the potions on hand, I did not use them, the guy waited until my hp was below half and just ambushed me, but again where is the RP, he literally stalked me with the intent of killing me, he did not care who I was or why I was doing the things I did, he just wanted to kill me.

I do not know how I can toughen up anymore than I am, I allow people to kill me, I attempt to fight back, I die, I rinse and repeat. I am not going to turn into an asshole and just pk anyone in my range as a neutral/Lawful individual just because they are going to do it to me. I refuse to play the role of an evil chaotic person just because everyone else plays an evil chaotic person, not my cup o tea. As I said I will continue to play, I will continue to suck, and I can live with it, I just wish RP played more of a part of all of this wonton killing that happens.

I have said it before, I have no qualms being killed by some guy I pissed off through rp, it just really gets to me when some random guy is gonna pop into the room and kill me for the hell of it.

I have had occasion to fight a few of the good guys, I even made it away from gaelyn when he attacked me once, I was so fucking proud of myself for surviving I couldnt stand it. But I personally am not going to attack someone just because they are in my pk range, that seems rather silly, and if thats what you mean by toughening up then I will continue to remain a target.

I enjoy the exploration aspect of the game, I have only recently gone to winter, and I am getting to know my way around fairly well, I know I get pked because I am not a good player, I get it. I try to learn, but it has gotten to a point where I sometimes wonder what the point is.

I mean that DK who attacked me in emerald, had attacked me once before, he could not even hit me. then he comes back and is hitting me with obliterates every round, I have no way of knowing why that happened, as I was wearing the same stuff. That character had all of its defences except shield block at 100%, shield block was at 98%, I thought I was prepared but in the matter of an hour, I went from being unhittable by the dark-knight to being absolutely owned by them.

I am still trying to come to grasps with how people are able to skirmish so well, that was how Gaelyn got me a few times, it seems that they can type impossibly fast or have figured out a way to use aliases that I have not gotten the hang of yet, I would guess the latter.

I get that there are many things I dont know, but how do you expect people to learn when they try and are killed for no reason other than being there. I would guess most people do not have the fortitude that I do, and this is why the game has such a low pbase. I am more than willing to be killed over and over, I figure I cannot get worse. But I can see where a lot of people will become discouraged being killed for no apparent reason. especially when it is hard work to get to where they were. Many of you have expressed that it is very easy to level by yourself now, I personally do not know how you do it, and I can guarantee someone who has just come to AR will have no idea how you level from one to fifty in a week or less.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject:

it's a myth that you can level easily by yourself. you basically have to be a fire giant warrior in order to somewhat succeed in doing that. The changes only make two person groups more viable.

You share a lot of the same RP viewpoints that I like, except the evil roleplaying. I think you're just a good person and don't enjoy pissing people off, but there are some people who do. they are messed in the head, but they do exist.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:35 am    Post subject:

fwiw Outbreak that player was a vet and was doing something you have probably never seen before

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject:

If a dark-knight spends 15 minutes stalking you, that's pretty good RP from the DK's perspective. Maybe from your perspective you think it's trashy, but your perspective isn't the only one that matters. Finding, stalking, and exploiting the weakness in the enemy seems pretty stereotypical to me.

As far as RP goes, I have never once been ignored when I've sent another person a message. It doesn't matter if I'm level 5 or 50. Everyone always replies.

As far as messaging before PK, that's absurd. "hey friend! I'm going to kill you!" That would only happen if I wanted to kill someone while ranking.

Leveling by yourself isn't hard. It does take time though. The level 1 pets help significantly.

You are not your character.

0 0 0
outbreak111

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject:

I am not expecting them to say "hey im about to kill you", but I would think some interaction beforehand, would be helpful, and I do not mean right beforehand, I mean at some point in our past. Why exactly did a person I have never spoken to want to kill me?

And how exactly is stalking me waiting for me to be low on health good rp? That just seems like a way to get a quick kill to me. I doubt they were stalking me from an rp perspective, I feel they were more than likely waiting for me to be engaged with an enemy while low on health do I would have that much less of an opportunity to win a fight. Before this DK pked me I had spared their life, so perhaps in this one case there was some RP to it, perhaps they felt slighted that I bested them and allowed them to live, I could see that point of view. I have been over this with others, I get that kill, I really do. I do not begrudge the dark-knight for doing it, my point was that I was unsure of how it happened.

It seems to me the vast majority of times I have been killed are people just making attacks of opportunity, and if that is the case then it seems there is no point in trying to train, or do anything of the sort, just pick a class and follow people until they are weak and then kill them, you dont need a reason other than they were weak at the time and thats what you felt like doing.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject:

Remember this. Knowing how to survive is one of the first steps at becoming a better player. Sure, sometimes you will get ganked at 100 hp because invis/hide/camo exist. But if you see someone stalking you for 15 minutes, you definitely should not die due to surprise.

0 0 0
outbreak111

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject:

I did not see them stalking me, had I seen them I would not have been in the situation I was... I am a crappy player, not stupid or suicidal. I have neither the desire nor inclination to have enough dust to keep detect invis up ALL the time. I would spent 90% of my time walking around elemental canyon doing nothing.

0 0 0
Kato

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject:

Outbreak, there are bad people (evils) in AR just like there are bad people in the world. They don't need to RP with you to know they want something from you: you are probably carrying a nonzero amount of gold, and maybe a few decent rares. Maybe they just like to hurt people. So, knowing that they're there, you need to treat EVERYWHERE like a shady area of town at night. Training in emerald without detects is the equivalent of walking with your head down looking at your phone and listening to music. It makes you obvious, it makes you easy prey.

You CAN make this stop. You need to learn how to protect yourself. Get detects up, it's really not too hard. Doing a circuit of clear potions/dust/roots can give you hours of detects for just a few minutes of work. Next, do what most people would do when someone tries to ambush them - don't fight back, just run the fuck away. An untrained person who whips out a knife when someone tries to mug them is goign to get hurt. Don't be that guy. Carry recalls and fly potions, and learn how to run without hitting walls, don't be afraid to look like a coward as long as you live.

Now you're tired of having to run from everyone. You take some krav maga classes and buy yourself a weapon. You train with that weapon until you know exactly how to use it. This part is training your skills, which will totally make a difference the next time someone tries to murder you. That DK sees you and thinks you're another easy mark, but guess what? You're ready this time. Your sanc is already up as he walks in thinking he's going to watch, and then he gets bashed. He dies or runs away, and is going to think twice about it next time.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Its the worst feeling in the world when you stalk so called easy prey in the game for 30+ minutes and they turn out to be pip. Because suddenly that easy kill becomes a slow painful death. And one cannot run away.......but I digress.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: