Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Requesting and sets for Goods
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kren

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Requesting and sets for Goods

I think that the golems with the mithril should be changed back to a nuetral alignment again. In addition it would be good to change some of the OFCOL mobs and/or the treant guardians to neutral as well. Because:

1. Equiping after a full loot as a good takes far to much time

2. Neutrals can kill these mobs at a far lower level then it when you allowed to request be equiped in far less time

Moreover, there should be a non rare set for the good alignment that is not weapon dependent that grants hit/dam. Evils have malicious beast Neutrals have treant threws. What do goods have? Golden guardian which requires the polearm so its useless to almost everyone and Platinum might doesn't give you hit/dam like the other sets. I think it would balance things out a little.

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject:

nah

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Goods can request their mithril/living wood eq while still a ghost after dying.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Olyn wrote:
Goods can request their mithril/living wood eq while still a ghost after dying.

Wonderful. You get two free pieces of equipment. And when you unghost, you're killer is still probably there so you can't safely get the rest of it.

ARshit acutally has a guide to dealing with death and eq loss.

http://www.geocities.com/arshit/guides/eqloss.html

Enjoy.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Losers whine and winners continue boldly forward. Guide is pre-request changes that speed up rates.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Is Davarius Erlwith? Man, I would love to hear something positive come out of one of these two's mouths. Its like Dav actually just wishes the mud would die and the players would die with it. I agree some comments from people could be construed as a "me me me...make my class or race better" comment and such. Some people, though, have genuinally good ideas and they are shot down with bile and rancor much like the people who are saying "I think elven paladins should have a 25 strength because all I play are elven paladins." Maybe I am to "new school" to appreciate the terse replies that are rendered on these boards, but seriously...WTF. If you do not think an idea is up to snuff, how about a "We will look into that and thanks for thinking about the mud." Leave it at that. Something I have yet to see on these boards is an idea received by the immortal staff with a modicum of enthusiasm or support. If there will never be a change made to the mud because those who would make the change are too busy then just get rid of the ideas and suggestions part of this board or just make a note when you log into the game that the game will be staying at the point it is and your ideas will not be considered. I would rather see that than the usual "fuck you your idea is a piece of shit now go choke a goat with your mini cock" responses that are issued.
The mud is a cool place to play in, and I pretty much think it is fine. I put in my 9-15 hours a week in and have fun. I used to read the posts on these boards because you could pick up hints or tricks or just useful pieces of information on them. Now it mostly seems that people are more busy slamming other people, reliving their 5 year ago "glory days" on the mud, or telling people how absolutely fucktarded their ideas are without explaining why the idea isnt good. Some people aren't "blessed" with the intimate knowledge that playing 40 hours a week or having access to the source code brings and therefore may need an actual explanation of things...instead I have to pull out my Rosetta Stone of asshole interpertations to figure out what half the freaking people mean here. I have absolutely set myself up here for such comments so I have my Stone waiting to translate the responses this obvious rant will bring.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject:

False hope leads to shittier ideas...

Although I think those ofcol dragonlords should stop being invis.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Just suck it up and dig through the shit for the useful bit.

Last edited by Ergorion on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Stiehl26 wrote:
...instead I have to pull out my Rosetta Stone of asshole interpertations to figure out what half the freaking people mean here.

ouch. you must have a loose asshole.

If you think another class/alignment has a natural advantage, delete and play that class. Youll quickly find that, in fact, it does not. You just suck.

The imms dont change much because the game is really strong as it is. Its incredibly well balanced.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Stiehl's apparently the newly appointed polite police. I don't know who died and passed it on to him, but please take his badge away.

You'll find that people who suggest things they've actually given some thought to are often listened to and given useful criticism (even if the idea is not appreciated). Kalist for example, and his idea for enlistment. A good idea, well thought out, well presented and implemented. This is a good idea, something unique that the imms didn't think of that adds greatly to the game.

The opposite, poorly thought out, constructed and worded ideas generally don't get a positive response. Especially when they're phrased like this one. There's obviously a reason behind everything in this game, so to just outright say something should be changed for no other reason than making it "easier" to equip yourself is going to get the response it deserves. A little advice, ideas that generally make the class/race/align you're currently playing stronger usually get the noob treatment.

Last edited by Erlwith on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Some of us are more polite (or haven't been as worn down by years of dealing with the ass tards) Anyway, all spite removed, the response here is basically that request lag has been changed to reflect level. If you're a level 50 requesting living wood and mithril you can pretty much get it all before you unghost.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject:

The real theoretical problem is assholes getting in your faces a second time after already just killing you (if you are instigating the second round, your fault). I'd be inclined to go a step beyond PK score penalties, such as automatically doling out an anathema, contract, or danger flag depending on alignment killed in the multikill/asshat scenarios. Yes, even danger, since you could spin that as balance being disrupted by the tard further griefing/dominating you.

That said, if you are uncaballed, just quit out and come back later. If you are caballed you have outfits that aren't entirely garbage, and you can still quit out assuming you don't need to re-up to join back up with a cabal group.

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject:

Dav is the Simon Cowell of Mudding ,, Already knows hes and asshole so calling him one dont matter ,, Hes our Asshole ,,You have any idea where this mud would be without Our Asshole,, it would be a freaking FL Corrupt piece of shit outta balanced shit shit ,, I love our asshole as you will to one day Embrace Out Asshole ,, Three Cheers For Our Asshole ,,, ASSHOLE

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject:

if we didn't have our asshole, AR would explode in a shower of fewmets.

Wink

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject:

Well Stiehl if you dont like it, you're free to just leave. The thing about a lowering playerbase is you seem to begin getting some kind of expectations out of me, that I need to pander and plead or lose more players. Well I won't do that. If my income depended on being well-liked here I'd be more inclined to care, but it isnt and I dont. All I get out of working on this is idiots telling me what I'm doing wrong. And dont think that for a minute any time you've ever seen that "customer service politeness" it wasnt fake. You should be thanking me for being honest in a harsh unfair world. Bad ideas are bad and I will continue to make accurate observations, as I see them. In my opinion what I posted was absolutely spot on and original poster needs to take heed and not post such obvious whining crap again. Knights can actually BUY suits of armor because of all that whining ..so now they waste a ton of their gold and get beaten up more instead of just requesting better stuff. Log out and get it later, otherwise the guy will still kill you again. Think about whatd happen if you were at the red dragon when that happened. You dont get rewarded with a full suit of new gear for DYING. P.S. Tard.

0 0 0
RebornShadows

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject:

rofl Davairus your my hero

People bitch and people moan like others have said before and they will say it again if you think something is overpowered then play it and find out if it really is or you just suck. When I first started playing way back when yeah things were kinda one sided most of the time. When i came back and found out all this new stuff i thought this <insert race/class here> was overpowered and i played that and found that i really suck in pvp. Sure I'm getting better but I am not as good as lets say Kalist or Clif cause they have been playing for years and they have adapted to the changes. Sure they new changes could come alot quicker but hell Real life>AR life.

This game is one of the best games i have ever played and one of the few games that i can play for hours on end and not get bored of.

0 0 0
Elvena

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Losers whine and winners continue boldly forward. Guide is pre-request changes that speed up rates.

nebulous, rude and assuming, belligerent.

Olyn wrote:
Some of us are more polite (or haven't been as worn down by years of dealing with the ass tards) Anyway, all spite removed, the response here is basically that request lag has been changed to reflect level. If you're a level 50 requesting living wood and mithril you can pretty much get it all before you unghost.

explanatory, fair, to the point, reasonable response. I'll take Olyn as PR. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Even narcissists know this, so Dav is clearly antisocial.

reborn, I doubt you're going to get special treatment for brown nosing.

0 0 0
RebornShadows

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject:

lol i dont want special treatment but they thing is Dav is straight to the point and really dont give a fuck what you or anyone else thinks right now he is the big boss.

Antisocial no i thinking socity is anti-Davairus. Besides if anyone dont like they way Dav does things they can leave not like a gun is at their heads. I would rather get told straight out look that sucks come up with something better than have someone pussy footing around and saying the same thing in a nice way. Besides being an asshole is so much more fun.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject:

RebornShadows wrote:
Besides being an asshole is so much more fun.

Only if the asshole likes to hear and taste the shit coming out of his own mouth, which apparently some people would rather do than pose an intelligent rebuttal.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject:

the more hostile you are to dav, the less likely he will want to work on the myriad of issues and modules that are being put in for your benefit. for you, this is just a game... when you're on the other side it turns into work and daycare and quite frankly, it is really tiring. no wonder dav's posts are grumpy all the time. give the guy a break or wait 2 more years for anything new to be introduced.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: