Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 2 hours.

Lowbie hoarders and rare count
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ottif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

I do want to reply some to the previous statements but I'll get back on topic..

IMO there are too many rares. I've actually sat back and thought how awesome the game would if there were no rare items at all and only Unique items. This game centers heavily on gearing up and hoarding. I'd say getting rares or keeping your rares is the number 1 thing on most player minds these days just watching play styles. So I'm really against more rares in circulation especially things like titanium. That doesn't mean I'm against powerful items, end game content or boss mobs with random item spawn rates.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject:

Slight necro on this topic and I'm not sure if someone else posed this perspective as part of the 4 pages of replies (which I'm not going to read through because I want to spend my time finishing up the new area), but I feel the pain of whoever commented about the hoarders who log on a few times a month and power-play to making the minimum number of hours to keep their shit. It kind of defeats the purpose of rare circulation and of this being a PK mud in general. As a result I think a good healthy discussion of somehow combining minimum # of hours and minimum # of days played in the month to dictate keeping rares at the end of the month would be a good conversation.

0 0 0
DigitalText

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject:

Ceridwel wrote:
...combining minimum # of hours and minimum # of days played in the month to dictate keeping rares at the end of the month...

I want to point out that it looks like "fairly" implementing a way to help minimize instances of hoarding rares and power-playing might be impossible. Whether you just eliminate rares altogether or execute Ceridwel's idea, someone is going to complain. Someone that doesn't power-play and just happens to have a bare availability of minimum (maybe less or just infrequent) hours a month, will get hit.

Weigh the potential collateral damage alongside ease of implementation between both options. Choose whichever requires less workload. That's what I'd say. I'm indifferent which way is adopted, though.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject:

I had a chat with Ceridwel about this. We decided we should look at the equipment characters with minimum hours actually have to see if anyone is actually hoarding or not and if so how prevalent it is. It would be ridiculous to take action to prevent something that's not happening, and I don't see any evidence of people making several alts to hoard with yet.

1 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject:

I can make a list of suspected toons that only log minimum hours, never fight anyone, and have top notch gear. Not sure what the people behind those guys have plans for but to me it's lame to only log minimum hours, be in the top 5 and never fight anyone. I think there is only enough high end gear to have 3-4 super geared guys. Everyone else just gets scraps.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

If top tier gear is spread evenly with most players having maybe 1-3 pieces of the best armor at a time, then there's plenty to go around. But it doesn't work like that. Skilled pk'ers will accumulate and retain more better gear than their newbier counterparts which is the way it should be. Skill should be rewarded.

The problem is when some lowbie gold mining douchetard accumulates top tier rares via the auction house or looting corpses and runs around hoarding a suit of the best shit in the game.

This also touches on the niche pk aspect of keeping your level 15 dk at 15 and lightning bolt'ing the shit out of everyone. Which is easier to do when you have 30/45 hit dam at level 15. That's an exaggerated point. Maybe level 35.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject:

So what happens when "top tier" players only log minimum hours and avoid pvp to keep there bad ass suit of armor? What if the same person has 2 or 3 of the 4 elite suits of armor and just avoids pvp and logs minimum hours on all 3 toons?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject:

HGODs and betrayals.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject:

Minimum hours is one thing that is slightly distasteful, but minimum hours that get logged in two days of 10 hour play that quits when a pk shows up and logs back in some time later to see if anyone is there. Then continues the non interactive 10 hour log session to get the minimum 20 (or whatever it is). It's pretty ridiculous.

1 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject:

Uhh huh. They don't log in enough to get pked.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject:

beia, why would I want you to make a list of "suspected toons" when the number of hours played by every character exactly is publicly available to everyone at http://abandonedrealms.com/players/index.php?sort=mplayed

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject:

Yeah I know, that is where my list comes from. Also I compare and contrast log in times, and who is on at any given time, which toons have never logged on together and which toons they have never done combat against each other.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:01 am    Post subject:

The rare system does not need a vast overhaul, but it does need some change, to keep up with the changing times. It does not suit our time. Right now, you are expected to play 10-15 hours a month, which could be potentially very boring, and then also getting purged is very discouraging. We can all just play AR and know that. I have solutions in mind but right now you guys are getting by with my triage (the # of allowed rares is like five times higher than it should be and has been for years), it is a working band-aid

1 0 0
DigitalText

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

...Spring needs a vast overhaul. You know...the basic growth reflex in all things that requires a perpetually jagged adherence to falling on the ground and begs the weekly attention of a twenty-two-inch swirling machete.

I appreciate bees. But another overhaul might be to let them pollinate WITHOUT carpet-bombing whole regions?

Davairus, I know you can twitch your nose, bring back Winter AND grant us immunity to allergies. When's that change coming?

...Nycticora?

1 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject:

find me in the next 2 days to do this audit Ceridwel, we want to catch it before the 1st (wednesday)

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Hey Nyct... that's tomorrow

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Everyone from line 21 down should be purged. IMO.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

????? WTF do you mean, below line 21... you mean 140 of the 161 chars should be purged??

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Yes. Why should we be able to play the very bare minimum hours, hardly having any interaction with ANYONE else in the game, NOT being involved in PVP and keep rare/limited equipment? It is ridiculous. I have never played another Mud.. Or any game in general that has this problem.

I can list at least 10 different toons that ONLY LOG 17 hours a month for the last 5 months. I have kept track of it and have it all copied and pasted on a spreadsheet. Along with the Equipment they have. Out of the 10 toons, 1 of them had two kills last month. Other than that not a single one of them was even involved in PVP.

I am all for only the top 20 each month keeping rare/limited equipment. In order to keep rare/limited equipment you have to link your account, if one person has more than one toon in the top 20 with sufficient hours, only 1 of the toons will keep the equipment, and the next account below 20 would keep there shit. That would give people more initiative to keep one strong healthy toon throughout the month rather than spread themselves out. If you don't make the top 20, tough shit, you should play more.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to see this list. pm me. I have fought almost every single person who is on that list(monthly hours played). haven't killed them all obviously. just because a fight doesn't end in death. doesn't mean the fights don't happen. how many hours do you play? how do you keep track. do you have an Imm that tracks them all? how do you take into account hours your not on? what if they only lyrics have 1 kill and don't even make it onto the monthly pk charts. you sound awfully butt hurt about this beia... do you know ow there is better shit than Rares? I would rather do a combination of set and gambled gear anyways. I can get better stats easier with less risk and way less time spent. besides. you can have all the Rares in Serin I'll fight you in malicious beast and win.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: