Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Weapon Cleaving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grum

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Weapon Cleaving

Hrm.. training the handy skill of weapon cleave. Seems I can cleave weapons with a whip or staff, how is that possible? Any tips for better training?

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject:

You can cleave weapon with a whip? That is bizzare! As for training, I can't really think of much but finding a mob with a weapon and having a go at the mob.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject:

What he's saying is he tried to train it with a weapon he thought could not cleave other weapons, but this has proven false to him. So yes, I guess whips and staffs can cleave. That is a bit weird though, I can see a whip snapping another weapon from its velocity of its snap, but a staff? Maybe it's sharp?

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject:

A staff... it's like a first break cement blocks... picture that, picture staff... whip is what i'm not sure about. I mean, it's like cutting w/ a knife... uh... no?

0 0 0
Xonovik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject:

I personally know whips can split light textures(skin..leather..etc) I can't see how it would cleave anything, weapon-wise..

Staffs I definitely know can destroy weapons. I've actually shattered one of those swords (only a $40 one..quality not that good, but still thick metal)you can find at a fancy cutlery store with a jo(for those of you who don't know, it's a medium staff, slightly longer than a samurai sword, about an inch in diameter). Just hitting it at a critical spot would do the trick. Whether this should apply to the game or not, is decided by the IMPs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Athaekeetha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Cleave

Having not played a zerker for quite a while, from what I remember, the best way to train cleave skills is just like disarm. ie: wield a weapon type that you have at 1% and learn-from-mistakes your way up because of course, at least against a mob, it's a bitch to keep succeeding and having to find another mob... against another player of course, you could just sit at the hob-goblin soldiers where there are like 150 clubs on the ground and have your opponent keep picking up and wielding them as you destroy them... heh.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: