Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Heralds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erlwith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Heralds

I post this openly just incase anyone has thoughts. Mainly, would you find use in these suggestions, and could they possibly motivate you to make a Herald.

It would be great if Heralds could see who exactly is new. They can see who is under the twentieth rank (I think) via ‘who new’ like everyone else but they can’t see who is truly new to the game which makes identifying genuinely new players difficult.

I was also thinking, it would be great if Heralds had a bank account similar to the cabals. They could get gold for it via donations obviously, the charge for mystiques and the fee to be patrons. If you even took it a step further one of the shopkeepers in the Taverns (Mockers and Travelers) could sell the current Mystique via a command by the High Herald. A Herald bank would also be very useful for their running Heraldic events for the prize gold they could distribute.

Give Heralds their tags back too. How hard is it to “find a herald” to talk to or to run the races they do when you can’t find one… Or at least give them titles like the Mystics have.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject:

A new character can choose to be known as a newbie at chracter creation. It asks if you are new to the realm, or not. As long as people are honest in their answers you should be able to see who is new, even over the twentieth rank. Hope this helps.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject:

that would be higher up on the list of things to do if we had more than one herald. it is hard to justify spending lots of time on something that nobody seems to have interest in when there is so much else to be done. i've spent a lot of time with heralds through the years and if heralds were still my only responsibility i would be pushing for those points right now. in fact i have pushed for several of them previously, some more than once. but there is less chance of these things getting done if nobody is interested in being a herald, because why would you spend time setting up a shop that's just going to sit there ignored?

my current observations show that both mystics and heralds putter around with nothing to do, which has led to the serious inactivity in both coteries. i have told them to collaborate to make newbie-friendly fun and educational events which i think would be interesting for both makers and participants. well, we have approximately one active mystic and one semi-active herald and no notes. so, shrug.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject:

Vanisse wrote:
we have approximately one active mystic and one semi-active herald and no notes.

Why is it that Heralds' flags can be seen by all, but Mystics' flags can only be seen by people 10th rank or lower (I think) ? I can see more people getting interested in the Mystics if they got some recognition for their commitments and were able to form their character's identity around it.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject:

I actually would rather have justice cabal the only visible one, if people deserve recognition throw them a custom title.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: