Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Cabal Tags/Cabal markings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOneAndOnly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Cabal Tags/Cabal markings

I saw the idea in a graveyard post and figured I would move the conversation to the appropriate thread. My thoughts on the matter:

Cabal Tags should not show at all. In the old days you didn't know all cabal affiliations. When you invaded the cabal you were not to certain of who or how many people would show up. There was a certain amount of uncertainty that made people hesitate to take the fight to the cabal. Short of the public cabal : Justice the players should not be marked with cabal information. The only exception would be the cabal leader who would receive a unique title identifying him/her as the cabal leader and rewarding them for their hard work and dedication to the cabal.

Anathema, etc: This should not appear to anyone outside of the cabal. As clarified in an earlier thread the tags do not reward anyone outside of the corresponding cabals - so no one needs to see them. If you run around killing a bunch of evils then expect to be contracted, like wise for goodies and anathema.

This would add a spark to the game - you don't know who is coming or when or why. Roleplay it out if you want, but now if you are anathema or contracted it affects the behavior of the player behind the character and typically that behavior is cowardice and OOC bullshit.

Just my thoughts.

0 0 0
jeoparty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject:

I like the idea, though it wouldn't be long before opposing cabals knew eachothers members through cabal notes. I guess this could spark a bit of cabal interaction, and a bit of mystique.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject:

Its not a terrible idea, I usually put something in my desc that somehow shows my affiliation even with the corresponding tag, ie a cross for justice, some sort of officers badge for justice, whatever. And I disagree with you on the anathema bit. Only Darkhaven citizens can see contracts, only Valourians can see anathema. Most people who are from darkhaven are legion wannabes, most people from valour are knight or noble wannabes. Incentive is clear enough for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject:

scraped from the bottom of the barrel

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: