Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Mirror Images
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Mirror Images

So.. how about making it that mirrors have no inventory?

Discuss.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject:

uhh, they already don't... that's why if you give the mirror of an illu something, it's like gone forever...Or that's what I've always thought?

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Unless it has been changed a thief can steal stuff given to mirrors, but as far as I know that is the only way to get the item back.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject:

I am suppressed that no one ever brought this problem up before, it is annoying. Clifton your still an a-hole, but I would like to see a message like, "a fiery dagger clashes with a false image," or "a fiery dagger falls through a false image(having the item fall to the ground)," when you try and hand a fiery dagger to a mirror image.

Grayden Grim of the Bloody Fields of Flesh

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject:

0 0 0
Esura

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject:

If I went around saying I was king just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject:

... Confused Question Question

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject:

Esura wrote:
If I went around saying I was king just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

It's a take-off from a quote from Monty Python's "Holy Grail"... something like:

"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went around saying I was Emperor, just because some moistened bink lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."

Good movie, just not one of the more memorable lines...

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject:

Look, I have played more illusionists than any 3 of you combined and never lost items over this "problem".

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Oh Dav, It is not me handing my illusions items, but other people doing so. That is why they should not be able to receive items. I am sure changing the auction system has cut down on this problem, but stupid people never seize to amaze me. I mean look, Clifton drew a picture.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Oh....I remembered the watery tart bit. Not the moistened bink... Confused

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject:

It's funny that you're calling me stupid. I bet you still don't have any idea why I drew that picture.

You're a dipshit and should cut off your fingers.

^^ You can't type if you have no fingers, just in case you didn't understand.

Edit :: Posted because someone lost some potions (worth 5k or so) to mirror images. Just figured I'd throw it out there.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject:

The thing to remember about AR is it is a world of fantasy, not real-world physics. The magic trick "really happens". Mirrors are reflections of the illusionist that EXIST in the ethereal dimension. A mirror only pops when you (not the illusionist) realise it is a mirror, because you have to believe it exists for it to exist. The mechanic for that is ONLY by attacking the mirror, which makes you realise it is false. It is that way because the spell is primarily to protect an illusionist from harm. You will notice recently I made it even harder to discern an illusionist from his mirrors. If you hand a mirror an item, you remain fooled, the mirror does NOT pop. Consistent with the spell and its lore. But if we had you tried to hand an item over, and found out it was a mirror like that, it would have to pop, wouldnt it? That is a new condition for popping that has zero protective benefit to the illusionist, it'd just be there because its convenient for trading items. In fact it possibly offers a way for non-aoe'ing classes to macro really fast mirror-popping. Also, I have no reservations against items being destroyed because people were careless. If you want to trade items, be sure to dump the mirrors. Its something to know about your class.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject:

I know why you drew the picture. Everyone has made fun of you your whole life for being confused about your lack of sexual attraction to females, and this is your only chance to be an asshole without getting beat up. Oh, you probably meant did I get the joke. I thought it was funny, but I did not want to say anything to encourage bad behavior from people with the mentality of a twelve year old.

Love,
Grayden

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject:

You used the word suppressed when you meant surprised.

It made me think of monty python.

You are homophobic.

You are no longer cool.

Where is Seryie?

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject:

_Clifton_ wrote:

You are homophobic.

I love it when I am rigtht.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject:

*slaps grayden stingingly*

stop hating on the homos Evil or Very Mad

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject:

Hah, nitpickers. If you wanna nitpick, Grayden spelt "cease" as "seize". Stupid people never cease to amaze me at all!

0 0 0
Esura

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject:

Grayden wrote:
I am suppressed [surprised] that no one ever brought this problem up before, [;] it is annoying. Clifton your [you're] still an a-hole, but I would like to see a message like, "a fiery dagger clashes with a false image," or "a fiery dagger falls through a false image(having the item fall to the ground)," when you try and hand a fiery dagger to a mirror image.

Grayden wrote:
Oh Dav, It [it] is not me handing my illusions items, but other people doing so. That is why they should not be able to receive items. I am sure changing the auction system has cut down on this problem, but stupid people never seize [cease] to amaze me. I mean look, Clifton drew a picture.

Grayden wrote:
I know why you drew the picture. Everyone has made fun of you your whole life for being confused about your lack of sexual attraction to females, and this is your only chance to be an asshole without getting beat [beaten] up. Oh, you probably meant did I get the joke. I thought it was funny, but I did not want to say anything to encourage bad behavior from people with the mentality of a twelve year old [twelve-year-old].

Love,
Grayden

Did I win the nitpicking contest?

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Esura you are almost as well as my English teacher, and yes you win so far. I got A's except English, in all my college classes. Imagine that. I hope my sentence fragments get under your skin. For all you conspiracy believers… I want you to know that I write this way on propos. Twisted Evil yes, propos.

Grayden Grim of the budgie folds of fleece

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: