Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

A Better Idea for Increasing the Playerbase
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject:

The only way to improve is to fight people better than you

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject:

Thats why I am trying to join a cabal now.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject:

Make an evil chaotic, and you can pretty much kill people, period.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject:

make a human shammy, word of recall whenever your almost dead, and eventually they'll do something stupid like forget sanc or get frustrated and remove all their items and just jump on your sword...period...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject:

already did that xD
failed miserably

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject:

The main things to learn are not to panic, dont spam in commands (use them when you want to use them and not before), learn when it is best to flee (and know good places to run to when you need to) and dont worry about dieing too much.

0 0 0
Rem

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject:

I think AR needs more trash. Everyone likes beating on a tool, getting into arguments with some dipshit and someone doing annoying shit to piss you off.

People being pissed off with stupid glitches is what makes them stay on and try to figure out how to beat the asshole at his own game... either that or they use the same tricks on some other dope and laugh at his misfortune.. kinda like You got bullied, now you get to bully people.

I loved it back in the old days when you'd sleep in seringale and some high level asshole would summon an agro mob that would rape you in seconds and you were like only level 5. I loved it when someone would cast plague and then you couldn't do fuck all and ended up dying to it because it spread like crazy in town. I liked it when you could charm another person and then get them to do stupid shit and flame out on a retardedly hard mob. I liked it when assassinate, cleave would insta kill people on a 50/50 basis. I liked it when someone would summon up a mob, attack it and WHAMMO! it casts fireball that totally rapes your ass. I liked it when you could fuck around with people who weren't in your pk range. It was the reward for leveling up so you could pick on other dipshits later on. I liked it when you'd go rage on a mob, and some asshole healer would keep healing it so then eventually you'd die. I liked it when you could summon people into no exit rooms and rape them with fireball, or summon them in seringale, like into the in with the door closed and then rape them.

There used to be so much uber cheese dick asshole shit you could do to people but it all got nerfed and rules put in place and now well... things taste pretty vanilla now. Instead of getting it in the ass, or a wad blasted in your face now adays getting fucked over is just plain old boring missionary style only.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject:

You sure seem to know a lot about getting fucked in the ass and having wads blasted in your face.

0 0 0
Vandrez

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject:

CHICKEN FINGERS
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject:

the reason those were taken out is because some people play this game for the fun of having skills. I can cheese you easily still. me and my bro could log on and analy rape you... simple. I don't even need the summon to a room since he's got summon and I have b-slam. you want cheese, go play wow. that mindless bullshit seems more your style.

0 0 0
Rem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject:

I have a real actual for real suggestion for increasing playerbase.

If you want to increase playerbase, you want to hold onto the playerbase you have.

Prime example, the bullshit reason for booting tyrdeth from legion.. again.
Effectively some asshole imm's actions have effectively alienated 2 players from the game.

I don't know if whoever tyrdeth is turned off from playing, but I know that asshole imm fucked off Groq, his top Mortal and Tyrdeth. Now groq is gone for an undisclosed amount of time.

Good job stu. Why you gotta fuck around like that.

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject:

didnt know Tyrdeth and Groq left. What did they do?

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject:

I don't know if Tyrdeth left or not haven't talked to him and not even sure if he knows he got booted yet. I am taking a leave because it's about the fifth time Davairus has stepped in and done shit with Legion without even speaking with me. But it's his game so he can explain, i'll be back i'm sure I all ways am because my heart and friends are with this game but this time it will be a long while, hopefully it's still here when I decide to come back.

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject:

Ohh and dav, was going to log back in but didn't want to waste my time.. that lame ass excuse you gave me for booting pip as forsaken.. with clifton being Yurneepo and everyone knowing it.. why isn't he booted.. shit that's right you made him the leader knowing everyone knew it. Check invokation it's right there to, a bunch of time. Sorry for calling you out Yurneepo nothing personal, dav just chaps my ass.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject:

I might mess around here and in IRC a little bit, but as far as the "its your mud" accusations go, when I am logged in its all business. Things don't get done so often because being logged in is something I'm usually not. I'm semi-retired here.

I denied a Knight application for OOC identity spilling, which I have been doing routinely for the last year, minimum. (Only exception was for a non-vet application from singapore, where only Olyn was told I had changed his name because he didn't know better.) But instead of accepting it was his fault and re-rolling, this guy gave me the excuse that I've allowed the Forsaken to do it, and he felt like he was being picked on because I don't like him. I said where are all the OOC Knights, and he conceded there are none that he knows. I plan to keep it that way, I don't want it to be a necessary part of the game for success in the cabal. All its ever produced is a bunch of non-rp'ing players who gangbang for their rares back and forth, and post the most painfully badly fought logs to read. I said where's the proof the Legion Forsaken is OOC, and he showed me something that made my toes curl.

As for Yurneepo - I made him leader because I thought he was (or at least, was going to become) a responsible player and the Keepers are in need of someone just to type induct. That's no big conspiracy, I was just wrong. I don't know where you get the idea I know everything going on in AR. I don't have enough interest in it for that. Any other active Keeper would have gotten it, but he had easily the most time played, and with Imming Vevier at the same time I expected for things to work out pretty nice. Honestly, things haven't disappointed me until you threw that out on the forum there. I didn't recieve complaints about him, and I don't want anybody to feel like I've orchestrated a witch-hunt for people I least like on AR. That isnt going to make them want to change their behaviour. Now, normally when a player complains about the shenanigans of another its usually because they're getting smacked down, but in your case, I think this is a case of "scorched earth". You've had the playground to yourself for so long now that you can't bear to see it back in someone else's hands. Before you lost your Forsaken you havent said a damn thing about anybody to me. Now suddenly you have to say "look who else you've been letting get away with shit". You were there when I made him leader, and you said nothing. So thanks a bunch for pointing out the position its put me in now.

Because of my own time/motivation problems (it sucks always being the bad guy), I've tried to just ignore everything which has some management in place and focus on Knights, and I worked hard to show you that even Knights (the "noob" cabal) can be a great success without being an OOC crapfest. With Knights, I've shown you the way I want all the cabals to behave, and even though I'm the hardest on them out of anybody, we still have an interesting cabal which people continue to re-apply for even beyond eventual deletes and condeath. This doesnt mean I am just ignoring the other cabals completely. At first, I honestly just held out hoping everyone would just begin to follow the example, but after I watched Legion beat down all the Knights with OOC gangbanging like it was a brawl day, day-in day-out, your Legion convinced me that they have an insatiable appetite for OOC gangbanging and cheating - that there is no limit to how much they will do, and there is no way I can sit back and wait for you to deal with it yourself in a timely manner. I won't let the good players on the game be subjected to that unfair conduct by a rare-hogging cabal. It basically undermines all the effort I put into Knights to keep them on a straight course, they just want to start doing the same. And I can't even see what's wrong with the cabal powers when its getting slanted by the influences of OOC. People are just not expected to have 18 of the best rares all the time.

You had your chance to deal with this yourself - long before it arrived in my lap. If you want to complain about things not being taken care of, maybe you should take a good look in a mirror. After I recieve a complaint from players, that forces me to step in and show someone willing to listen and willing to do it. Its just doing the right thing for the players and for AR.

"Help Cabal Conduct" is all I am enforcing on Legion, and only since its a higher level set of rules that applies to everybody in a cabal. I have dozens of Legion uninductions for complaints about cabal grounds failure to defense/abuse stemming from the "help cabal conduct" helpfile. I just treat that helpfile like a computer program would if it knew how to read for OOC/cabal non-defense. I'll show you the appropriate part.

Code:

1) You have made it into a cabal because you have shown your standards of
roleplaying are exceptional.  As a result, you become an inspiration for new
players, to encourage them to try roleplaying better as well.  So do not
drop your roleplaying standards at any time.  This will result in your
immediate termination.

Don't complain about it now - many, many of us have all agreed with each other that this is what we want all our cabals founded on. Just look at how intensely that has been worded. It is not a joke.

Being human, my detection is not perfect, but its still better than nothing - you have no place to be complaining about me wiping your ass for you like always. I am barely even around and I've managed to keep Knights clean. Everywhere else, I get to be the bad guy and hated by everybody who you people have refused/failed to deal with yourself, which looks especially bad coming from me also having to do double-duty running the opposing Knight cabal... and meanwhile you actually wonder you have been stuck at level 52 for so long. Its because you've kept making me look like a piece of crap and complain about me while I'm doing your work.

I raised Vanisse's rank to level 55 so she can help deal with this type of bullshit with me. I actually told her to consider it her main duty to keep all cabals clean and rp clean, and smite anyone that does anything shady. So get used to disappointment if that is how you plan to keep playing caballed characters, because she will want to show me how good a job she can do and that will mean none of you guys are getting away with anything. I know everybody is frustrated with all this crap and I'm just as disappointed at what needs doing to set things right. Maybe more than any of you, because at the end of the day its me who gets all the blame for your shenanigans.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Groq, coming from the guy who was on his "character" and said that he could make sure that my "character" didn't get into Legion, I don't want to hear a whole lot of complaining from you personally.

Tyrdeth was a gang banging/lowbie killing fool. Don't know if you, as the head of Legion, have actually read some of the Legion guidelines, but from what I can remember there is a part in there about gangs of Legions make legionaires seem powerless and that kills should be made alone. He did do that sometimes; on the keeper/knight cabal grounds or if the person was naked.

Tyrdeth getting the boot and Nef deleting was nothing more than good housekeeping.

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject:

From my point of view the big problem is not so much that Tyrdeth was removed for breaking cabal rules, it's that Yurneepo wasn't punished for the doing the exact same thing at the exact same place. If I understand this all correctly, Tyrdeth was removed for revealing his identity on the log board. Well Yurneepo did the same thing in the same thread. Why no punishment?

It's not the punishment that gets people angry, it's the double standard.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Keep up the good work.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Word.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Dav doesn't personally pick on people he doesn't like in game... I mean he hates me and he just completely ignores all my attempts for attention..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: