Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

How many threads will DropThat hijack to whine about rules?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many threads will DropThat hijack to whine about rules?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
6-15
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
17-28
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
29 or more
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
All your base are belong to us
70%
 70%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 34

DropThat

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject:

sareclin eat shit. and the rest of you faggots. every time I look at a different connection to a certain ISP they have a full different number like one account with the ISP would have 90 and another would have 88. thats the first fucking number! therefore banning the first number would NOT ban the whole ISP just the one account

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject:

Uh... try getting on an aol dial-up connection.
then go start -> run -> enter "cmd" -> 'enter' -> ipconfig
disconnected
repeat... post and get pwned like a n00b

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Until the internet makes the dramatic revolution to IPv6 most IP's are static. Every time you dial into AOL you'll connect to a server computer over a phone line and you'll receive an IP address based off of the subnet that the server you connect to works off of. There's simply not enough IPs in the world for every computer to get their own personel IP that never changes (yes, we're running out of IPs, which is why we're going to switch from IPv4, which uses 32-bit IPs to IPv6 which uses 128 bit IPs. And this is also why all ISPs and any network for that matter need to subnet). Even always-on connections like cable internet change IPs every now and then.

This is the first post of yours I've ever even read and already I can tell you're full of shit and obviously you don't know a shit about how the internet works. Yet, somehow you claim that you do.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Oh, and dumbass, you know why the first 2 numbers don't change? Because those are the fucking numbers used to identify the ISP. ISPs are given their own IPs, either class A, B or C which allow for a different number of hosts (those are the things that connect to a network) each. If the first 2 numbers don't change that means that ISP was assigned a class B IP and has to to subnet out different IP ranges to the servers which further subnet individual IPs to each host. So, master genious, if you just ban the first 2 numbers in an IP, congratulations, you just banned the entire ISP. Things don't seem to work much better with your method, eh?

Oh, and 192.168.1.100 isn't even a real internet IP. Anything that starts with 192.168 is used withen an intranet network by the router to identify individual computers on the network. Or maybe we're wrong and we're neighbors, because my IP on the network I'm on is 192.168.1.101. Are you the guy who lives across the hall?

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject:

YEOWCH! Damn.... Errr... Exactly what I would have said. Seriously though DropThat, go duct tape you own mouth. Suffocating kids in China would love the air you waste by living. Divsky, if he is the guy acorss the hall, can we organize an angry mob of AR people at your place and kill him. I'll bring the torches! Who's got pitchforks?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: