Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

WHO NEW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erlwith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: WHO NEW

Is it possible for WHO NEW to show those who pick YES under the new option on char creation. All players under 10 would still have access to the newbie channel, it would just make helping the genuinely new people that much easier. Or perhaps another WHO option to see those who have the new flag from char creation.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject:

I think you can see the people who chose new. I remember seeing someone above rank ten as new, but as soon as they got to thirty, their new status was removed. I think I'm remembering correctly, but I could be wrong.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject:

WHO NEW when you are under rank 10 will show you all people ranks 1-10

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject:

If you want to help new people, apply for Mystic or Herald, among everything else that they do, they have access to newbie chat and can see the new tags on new players. I actually think that helping newbies is the major focus for mystics? But I am not sure.

0 0 0
Wholesale Johnson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject:

Resatimm wrote:
WHO NEW when you are under rank 10 will show you all people ranks 1-10

Walace is rank 19 and still shows on that list.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject:

WHO NEW shows all players level 1-10 and players who declared themselves as new at creation up til level 30.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Right. It'd be nice if there was a way to see everyone who picks the new option. Or just make WHO NEW only show people who choose NEW.

0 0 0
RebornShadows

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject:

WHO NEW shows no matter what lvl 1-10 players who chose new on creation will be shown under WHO NEW untill rank 30 by logic at lvl 30 your not that new anymore

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject:

There is no need for everyone to see the new flags. The best way for newbs to learn is to be thrown right into the thick of things. Thats the general consensus that I drew from this thread back when the new flag was open for discussion. If everyone knew who the newbies were, then there would be no rp, no immersion. Everyone would just be out to help them, and lets be honest, that isn't what AR is about. Its really about killing the other guy and taking his pretties.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject:

There is already a WHO NEW. The idea that knowing who newbies are will somehow kill the RP or the immersion doesn't make sense to me, since as stated there is already a WHO NEW (thus it seems to me it would already be the case if so). Newbie friendliness and RP are not mutually exclusive. I'm only suggesting making the WHO NEW command more specific, instead of showing everyone from level 1-10 which imo doesn't make much sense since being in that level bracket does not make you new. At the end of the day it isn't an earthshattering change, but it would make helping genuinely new players slightly easier.

I have a feeling someone will say that WHO NEW as it is now protects new players from trash, and while that isn't really true this change might only apply to Mystics, Heralds and Nobles in that case.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject:

Heralds, Nobles and mystics can already see who players with the who or who new commands. If everyone knew who the new players were, then either they'd avoid them cause they don't want to deal with newbs, kill them to pad their record (or just to feel buff) or go out of their way to help them, none of which is really good rp.

If you want to help out newbs, just look for the markers. I can remember more than one time with my first character that someone killed me, then realized that I was new and left my stuff or whatever. That was before new tags. Or a player who does not know how to get anywhere. They will 'reply I don't know the way there' or whatever and then you know they're new (or newer, assuming its a place like circle of trees or Timaran)

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: