Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Druid Vulns.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seryie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Druid Vulns.

have they been removed or did I just end up with a dodgey ivy sword? maiming through air blessing doesnt seem right, wheres the vuln gone?

I've played a druid and an ivy sword should be disembowling through it..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject:

I noticed the same thing.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject:

I forgot that druids were just so weak we needed to buff them up a little bit.. hah
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
gomer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject:

did you take into account if he was blessed or sanc'd, if he was protected and you were the opposite alignment, if he had ranks on you and how many, your proficiency with swords... i might be forgeting something....

i dont know

ah... i remember now...was he using tornado? maybe he was not under the air blessings.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject:

when have you seen a vuln do maim even through sanc and prot.. especially from someone in full dam / hit.

he was using tornado the entire fight. and he didnt flee much..

0 0 0
TheOneAndOnly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject:

If you were fighting one of opposite alignment protection can easily reduce vulnerabilities to maims, considering that protection reduces damage by nearly 33%- so technically those maims could easily have been MUTILATES, or DISEMBOWELS. Which is what you stated you were receiving earlier with your Druid.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject:

in someone in FULL hit and damroll? I don't think so.

If more than one person realises something, theres usually something up.

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Err my necro only had maims against him from a blackened bone only in sanc and the other dude was neutral.

0 0 0
gomer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject:

i play a druid and unless they changed something months ago i have not noticed a change. a warrior classes with ranks DISEMBOWELS me through blessings and mage classes with ranks does baby damage, decimates, if they are idiots and decked out in hit and damage eq. that is without protection, with it the damage would be less.

but unless an imp wants to clarify this then nothing we write means jack, and it is up to your own judgement whether everybody needs to run out and make druids Rolling Eyes

...nevermind

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject:

idiots.

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject:

Have to comment. Seryie, you've had god knows how many people tell you they think it could happen and it is not a bug. Get over it and move on. Druids can still be beat, they are not as bad as monks were and thieves are/were(hate the sneaky buggers!). Facts are fact, prot. deltes 33% damage, considering the druid could have had other spells, a decent armor, or something of the like it is very possible for a vuln to maim. So theres my cents, take 'em or leave 'em.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject:

Don't forget that AC takes a part into damage reduction. Most people don't even realize it, but if you make a healer and manage to get AC to around -500, you definatly notice it. It is significant. And since air blessing and stone skin both give huge AC bonuses, any druid in some good -ac armor and with some armor potions are going to get a noticable reduction in damage. Especially if it's a halfling. Which, brings up another point that wasn't mentioned, if it is a halfling, I'm fairly certain they get the same resistance to non-physical damage that dwarves do. And seeing as how plague damage is non-physical, that stacks up the damage reduction ever farther.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject:

was human, and low 30's..
and I was over it, but since reviving dead threads is fun now I'll laugh.

And you can sit there and say prot gives shit, sanc gives that... But I don't see anyone saying oh I did go and try it and it turns out your wrong seryie, until someone goes and gets proof i'll sit on this one. A zerker in full hit-dam roll shouldnt be maiming either. But *referes to earlier in the paragraph*

side note : I know clifton has played a druid at 50 for a while as well, so his opinion is obviously void too?

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Seryie wrote:
idiots.

Haha. A druid killed your ass. I know that cause otherwise you wouldn't sound like a complete jerk in here.

And about reviving dead threads. It might be annoying, but what I find at least three times more annoying is when people complain about others reviving a dead thread. If you don't like it then don't read it.

Flying Hampster of Doom wrote:
Err my necro only had maims against him from a blackened bone only in sanc and the other dude was neutral.

Im not sure if I understood you right, but if a necro does maims through sanc with a weapon he can't use (and without enhanced damage) then the vuln is even more serious than I thought it is.

And btw I played a druid not long ago and some guy came and owned my ass with an ivy sword.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject:

but if you say there was a vuln, then weve hit a dead stop, cos some people say its still around some people say its not, snicker we need proof Razz

Last edited by Seryie on Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject:

SHUT up already you annoying little twit

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject:

go get disarmed and lose some more weapons..

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
but if you say there was no vuln, then weve hit a dead stop, cos some people say its still around some people say its not, snicker we need proof

You are pretty much the only one that says that. I didn't say there was no vuln. I played a druid and fought a guy who had ivy sword while I had air blessing on me and noticed a serious difference in damage. I do not need any more proof than that. Also I haven't seen any notes from imps and therefore I find no reason to belive that anything has been changed.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject:

You know what I meant, i meant is a vuln.. my post makes no sense, thats why cos a mistake..

this thread was more for a imm to clarify on but davs gone, and burzuk hasnt posted on anything in a little while so... It's pointless.

0 0 0
Hrash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Care to clarify what your damroll was? Also what your equipment and your opponents equipment was? Next time, put more in-depth information.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: