Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Fireballe2 has problems
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kapruski

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Fireballe2 has problems

berserker has shield swipe and hobble and loses two defenses when it rages.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject:

no shit, Sherlock. Are you going somewhere with that unprompted exposition or are you done?

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject:

the hell are you talking about?

0 0 0
kapruski

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject:

It wasn't unprompted and I'm not answering you until you're polite.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject:

Yes, it was unprompted. You were answering Eloret's assertion that berserkers shouldn't be played like "gimped warriors" by stating a few ways you think they're gimped, flippantly. You completely missed his point. You really need to fix your horrible attitude mr. 0-and-5-with-a-24-str-elf

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject:

Berserker vs warrior you have a few disadvantages, but you have regeneration to mitigate that, as well as a HP boost from rage which closes the gap in defense you are imagining. You ought to look at how much hp they get before you discount their defenses. They are only losing dodge really, and when you factor in the opposing players hitroll and the sheer amount of hp the berserker gains, its not a deficit. Being locked into weapon styles is what hurts a raged berserker, not their defenses.

So, here's how you fix that. Rage when the warrior misses a dirt and start bodyslamming. Time it properly to maximize their lags. Its very hard for a warrior to come back from that, and it wouldn't be out of the ordinary if you didn't just win the fight outright if the bodyslams landed. A berserker can beat anybody after missed dirt. Its obviously luck-based each way and less favourable for the berserker's side, but anybody who tries dirting a berserker is definitely risking a death they can do nothing about.

And then there's berserker vs mage.

Roar - Cause hysteria (50% chance to lose concentration)
Headbutt - Silences completely.
Rake - Breaks weapon wards.
Throw - Breaks protective shields.
Wild smash - Grounds flying opponents.
Bodyslam - Huge lag, much more chainable than bash is, easy to land on mages with no protective shield.
Warcry - stuns the target regardless of any shells they have up.

Classes like warrior and thief have very little to do against mage. With berserkers its quite another matter.

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject:

For reference, I don't think for a second berserkers are gimps, I was just pointing out to play a furiously raging berserker race like minotaur or truly any of them like a warrior is flat out a mistake. You should be playing it like a berserker. The thought didn't even cross my mind that they are gimps or underpowered. When you play one right you should be standing over a bloody corpse most the time and you should be the one on the ground at the end other times.

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Did I miss something? Cause Nyc's saying he's got a horrible attitude, but I didn't see anything to warrant quite that kind of a reaction.

And I had no idea throw breaks protective shields! Then again, only had one berserker and it did not end well. Now I'm even more sure that throw is so underutilized.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Ugh I hate to admit this, but we all really need to explore all the skills of a particular class. At first I was upset saying wtf none of this stuff is in the help file. I had a zerker at 50 didn't practice throw, never tried to use rake cuz i just assumed they were useless skills. Shame on us lol.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject:

While I had no idea throw and rake had those new special abilities, they were definitely worth practicing before those additional perks. So shame on you anyway.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Search the forum for posts by Fireballe2, Mummy. He's also been posting a bunch of crazy shit on invokation. This is just more of the same wrongheaded thinking from a guy who makes crazy assumptions and then treats them like facts.

0 0 0
kapruski

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I think that rages changes your options and commits you to the fight though, Eloret. A well placed dirt kick or hobble by a zerker can swing a fight before you rage. The combat style swapping might be mostly blind hand luck based, but the rage bodyslam spam is also a bit luck based, as Dav touched on. Regeneration's also pretty beefy for catching sleep ticks between combat. A person trying to track down a berserker shouldn't be able to out heal them if they don't have healing spells or consumables.

I have no idea what nyc is on about, but he's still not playing polite so :shrug:

Last edited by kapruski on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject:

LoL Ergorian how much do you hate me LoL so petty. I don't know if I had bad luck with regen, but for me it was horrible. I don't think dirt kick or hobble is really effective. Againsts most players you can just steam roll them with rage roar bodyslam because they panic when they see the star damage as long as you can stay on them, ie in a confined space. The one thing I would like to try out with a zerker is to play a little more defensive, I would just rage double axes and see what happened. That worked fairly well, I almost got gaelyn that way, but his legion spell saved him. What I will say is I couldn't believe how much I got hit every round was 3 attacks on me. With that high con I probably should have used a shield murder flee more against better players then try and end it with rage. however the challenge there is you blow all your mana with tenacity and as a zerker you cannot afford to rage unsanced. damn i wanna make a mino zerker again to get defenders.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject:

btw check war cry out I think it is blocked by barrier, I know I tried it on a mage and it didn't work.

0 0 0
curisq

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I see the prodigal son is still undoing all the work olyn put into making the forim environment pleasant and welcoming. Didn't see that one coming

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject:

It'd be nice if the friendly-types used the forum more. The people who post here the most often seem to be overwhelmingly the "frienemy"-types, who don't play AR for happiness and warm feelings and instead want to argue and fight.

We've got some ideas in the pipeline but if you've got any suggestions on how to get more civil discussion around here feel free to speak up. Some people are still going to want to argue and catfight but that's easily manageable by splitting trolling out of the graveyard and into new threads and restricting it to certain forums. Right now the only heavily moderated forum is The Graveyard.

0 0 0
Pops

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject:

The forum is already worlds above where I remember it being a few years back, both with immortals and players. Fireballe2 is obviously a pretty smart guy who's not used to not being the brightest person in the room, but that's the way this place is. The arguments are circular and exhausting for anyone who actually tries to follow them, but the people that do that probably aren't newbies. As far as suggestions for the forum, I would just say update the new roleplaying section every week or so. I think that's worth some imm time, and it will give little windows into the current game world for mud shoppers to look at.

0 0 0
kapruski

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I didn't do anything to you Nyc. You did start this thread by pulling my post from graveyard and posting your responses. I don't understand why discussing the berserker class gives me a bad attitude.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject:

It was the manner in which it was done. You indignantly responded to "don't play a berserker like it's a gimped warrior" by listing skills you think are weak tradeoffs compared to warriors. It implies disagreement, it's an invalid argument, and it's the same old tune you've been singing for years. You're the smartest guy around and it doesn't matter what you say because as long as it's a valid sentence and parses syntactically, it's close enough to 'correct'. Everyone else is too dumb to know the difference, right?

It's entertaining to fuck with you, and it's open season on Fireballe2s because another imm already banned ya from the forum and you're blatantly evading it.

Also, remember that "guide to ac" thread? I feel like digging this juicy bit up

kapruski wrote:
Thanks for the shout out, but I really cant take any credit for it. It was Fireballer's study he wanted me to post for him when his forum account got banned.

0 0 0
kapruski

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject:

My response wasn't indignant. It might have been concise but it wasn't based on defensiveness. I think it implies discussion rather than outright disagreement. You aren't "fucking with" me either.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: