Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is underway, and ends in 19 mins.

Level 50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Level 50

After level 50 can you still get experience? i am not sure, but the help file says after level 50 you become immortal. can somebody help me out with this?

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject:

level 50 is the highest you can go as a mortal, you don't gain any experience after that. dying doesn't carry the penalties of lost experience neither.

imms are level 51 and up and oversee the newbie hatchlings. you need to apply to be one and go through selection process

- sethronu

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Hey, thanks for answering my question, but how long does it usually take to become an imm? it doesnt really matter, just wondering...

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject:

There's not a "set time" or a "set schedule" to become an imm. I'd say that the biggest obstacles are 1) making sure there's a need for more imm presence, 2) proving that you've got the in-game knowledge and experience to make yourself actually useful, 3) showing that you have the right motivations behind wanting to become part of the imm staff, and 4) catching the appropriate people on when they're not busy.

Just read the helpfile "help immortal application" and check yourself against what it has to say. If you think that you're qualified and you'd like to dedicate yourself to a (mostly) thankless job, then send an APPLICATION TO IMMORTAL detailing the info requested in the "help immortal application" file. If everything lines up (need, your knowledge/history, etc.) then things will go from there.

- Vhrael

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Also, look at things this way:

- Imms are needed to regulate the game, enforce rules, etc. to keep things fair for everyone.
- The more active imms there are, the less players there are.
- Less players = less need for imms

So it's sort of a self-damning cycle right now...

I applaud anybody that genuinely wants to see the mud grow and get better, and I don't think anybody will fault someone for that. However, rather than everybody jumping on the "I wanna be an imm" bandwagon, I think that the best and most productive way for people to help out is to play the game: create more interesting RP interaction between characters, help diversify the PK atmosphere, suggest ideas on things that you feel need help or could improve gameplay, etc... believe it or not, suggestions from players actually DO get listened to (yes, yes, I know... you can close your mouth now).

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject:

some people have immd at less than 3 years or so of playing.

i immd on my 7th year or so. partially because i never seriously considered it until then.

0 0 0
Taleroth
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject:

I was immed on the 7th year as well.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Just think of Imms as administrators instead of players.

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Louis wrote:
level 50 is the highest you can go as a mortal, you don't gain any experience after that. dying doesn't carry the penalties of lost experience neither.

imms are level 51 and up and oversee the newbie hatchlings. you need to apply to be one and go through selection process

- sethronu

Contraiwise, you gain one exp. for getting better at any skill (by means other than practicing) reguardless of your level. Not that it'll ever help you get to 51 or anything, a high level immortal has to do that.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: