Nearly every hero of Serin joins a guildhall to help them to greatness
very early in life, but sometimes an adventurer decides to wander alone
for a while. Such adventurers are found only amongst the race of humans,
whose adaptability allows them to wait a little longer than most, and
use their extraordinary ability to learn, blooming later in life.
A freelancer is a classless adventurer. They can learn a unique selection
of skills known to other classes, but are not specialized in any class
in particular. Freelancers can be thought of as quiet bystanders, or
observers of the great struggle. As such, freelancers begin out in a
lawful neutral role. Beginning as a freelancer is ideal for somebody who
is initially unsure of the role they wish to pursue in Serin, and may
aid with early character development. It is also useful to pursue for
those who are relatively new to the realms, to get a feel for what guild
they may eventually enjoy most.
Freelancers need to convert to a full-time class to be able to pass the
25th rank. The freelancer must first choose their PATH to specify their
alignment and ethos. Once they have done that, the freelancer may use
the CLASSCHOICE command to specify their chosen class. This is a
permanent selection. At this time, any practices spent on inapplicable
skills will be returned, while proficiency in skills that are kept is
Selecting a race is a fun way to flavor a character, and further define its strengths and weaknesses. Hover over a race link to view a brief summary of how the race interacts the class, or click it to visit the race's page for detailed information about that race.
Human freelancer attributes
|Physical||Racial Legacies||Innate Abilities||Imm/Res/Vuln|
|Strength||20||None.||+1 bonus to primary stat||None.|
Human freelancer has a compounded experience cost of 0.
- Thieves don't fight well flying, so consider investing trains into movement.
- Stay out of inferior combat style matchups, to avoid getting hobbled.
- Be sure to keep clear potions nearby to make up for lack of detects.
- Focus on improving HEALTH and DAMROLL, thieves don't need hitroll for backstabs and weapon type skills, but also lack the health of a fighter - with no way to cure.
- Carry daggers, maces, and exotic weapons, to switch for weapon type advantage.
Play the Game